Yes, I know. I’m proclaiming my love for Italian food again. But I am not going to apologise for that. I really do love Italian. If not cause of the carbs, I would eat pasta every single day. haha. But I have limit to once a week. The most! That’s okay, right? haha
Well. I didn’t intend to have Italian until my bestie sent me photos of what she was having at Da Paolo @ Rochester last night and I knew instantly what I wanted to try making : Crab meat linguini. That’s the only thing I order when I head to Da Paolo. Just saying the name of the place is making me want to have their crab meat linguini again. That’s how much I LOVE it. and how delicious it is!
Sorry bad lighting cos of the ambience!
I attempted to make a healthier version. Well by healthier, I mean leaving out the cream. As you will be able to see soon, everything else is healthy and not that sinful, really. Well without or without the cream, my version is nothing close to the one from Da Paolo though it was still satifying and yummy (The mr finished every single drop in the pot! hehe). But it was still a recipe worth blogging about! Hope you all will give it a try and enjoy it as much as we did!
Crab, Prawn & Cherry Tomato Linguini (an original recipe by Food Made With Love)
1 canned crab meat (170g, 120g drained)
10 pieces of prawns, shelled & deveined and cut to small pieces
10 cherry tomatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 chilli, deseed and chopped finely
5 pieces of sundried tomato, chopped finely
3 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tbs tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
120ml dry white wine
300ml fish stock
salt & pepper, to season
grated parmesan, to serve
300g pasta, cooked according to the back of the packaging and drained
1) Season the cherry tomatoes with a bit of the chopped garlic, 1 tbs olive oil and dried oregano and place them on a baking tray. In a 180 degree celcius preheated oven, bake the tomatoes for 15 mins.
2) Heat a deep dish pan over moderate heat, add the olive oil, garlic, chilli and sundried tomatoes and fry till soft and fragrant. Careful not to burn the garlic, or it will taste bitter.
3) Add the prawns in the mixture and fry till they turn from opaque to white. Add the baked cherry tomatoes (including all the juices) and the tomato paste. Mix it well but gently, not to mash the cherry tomatoes. Add the white wine and allow it to reduce by half.
4) Add the fish stock and allow it to simmer over low-medium heat for 15-20 mins. Season with salt and black pepper and add the crab meat at this point. (Don’t add it too early, as it might break down and you won’t be able to taste it).
5) Toss in the cooked pasta and mix well. Serve with grated parmesan and ENJOY!
Instead of chopping garlic when you need it, chop it before hand and place it in a air tight glass container. Cover it with olive oil and you’ve not only got garlic-infused olive oil to use whenever you need to, you have chopped garlic all ready to go! (: Place them in the fridge and you should be able to keep it for up to a month! I would recommend not making too huge a container. Maybe prepare a container every 1-2 weeks depending on how big a fan you are of garlic!
2 thoughts on “Crab, Prawn & Cherry Tomato Linguini”
Made this today and hubby loved it 🙂 Thanks!
Aww 🙂 glad he did! Hehe