saw this recipe on Maria’s blog recently.
and really got very bad craving for the corn muffins from Kenny Rogers.
use to be one of the reasons why I dined at Kenny Rogers last time. haha.
so I decided to give it a shot! and I’m so glad I did!
cause they were very very similar to the ones in Singapore
and they were super yum! hehe
so thank you Maria for posting this recipe! (:
try it! cos it’s super easy to make
and you will be super glad with the turn out!
cos it’s super duper yummy. really awesome!
so here’s the recipe and step by step photos!
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup polenta
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn ( I used a can of corn kernels )
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 degrees celcius).
2. Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt in a large bowl.
3. Combine the polenta with the flour and baking powder until well combined.
Alternate this mixture with the milk into the creamed mixture.
4. Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn is worked in.
5. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins begin to turn brown on top.
fresh from the oven! (:
I baked it a little longer cause I wanted the sides to be crispy.
baby likes it that way and requested it to be crispy haha.
so it’s really up to you and ur loved ones how you guys like it!
it’s super duper YUM! (: hehe
give it a shot!
you won’t regret it!
especially those who are away and are craving it!