I was fortunately enough to get hold of this recipe from my cousin’s fiance. And ever since then, I have been making these muffins on every occasion! Even when I was in Australia. I use to make it at night so we could have it for breakfast the next day! (:
So recently, my parents were going for a KTV session with their friends and they were asked to bring snacks. So I decided to bake these for them and they really enjoyed it! It’s always nice to see and hear people enjoy something you’ve made!
So here’s the recipe I used. I changed it a little, like really little cos the original recipe is already very yummy!
I found these cupcake liners in my cupboard and I realise I bought so many and I probably don’t have to buy anymore till end of the year? haha (: But I will still get more cos these are just too pretty to not buy!
Peach and Cream Cheese Muffins
250g cream cheese, room temperature
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 cups of self-raising flour, sifted
380g peach (canned peaches), cut into small chunks
icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 1800C and line 12 jumbo muffin pans with paper case
2. Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electrical beater and beat till fluffy and pale.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat after every addition until incorporated.
4. Add the vanilla bean paste and fold in the flour (1/2 a cup at a time) and a pinch of salt.
5. Add in the peaches and mix well.
6. Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25mins or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool.
7. Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Tip : You could use strawberries as well, dust the sliced strawberries with a bit more flour before stirring in. You could also make it sweeter by mixing the strawberry with icing sugar before combining it together with the flour mixture.