This is one of my favourite muffin recipes and one I’ve always make when guests come to visit, cause it’s so versatile and super quick to make! Not to mention how yummy it is! The original recipe is just the peach & cream cheese but I decided to add the mixed berry swirl for extra taste (also I just made a jar of mixed berry chia seed jam, so FRESH FRESH FRESH!) and to be honest, how pretty does it look? Loved how it turned out!
Just like the pumpkin, feta & kale mini loaves, these are great as a quick breakfast, grab one (or two) and you are ready to go! These are also a treat in your kid’s lunch boxes.
I did make my own mixed berry jam, but of course you could use anything you have in the fridge!
Peach Cream Cheese Muffins with Mixed Berry Swirl (Makes 18 muffins)
125g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese, room temperature
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 cups self-raising flour (265g)
Pinch of salt
380g peach (canned peaches, drained), cut into small chunks
9 tsp (or more) mixed berry jam (you could use any jam you have on hand)
Thermomix Steps :
1. Preheat the oven to 1800C and line the muffin pans with paper case. Place the cream cheese and butter in the TM bowl and mix for 10 secs/ Sp 5 until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and mix for 20 secs/ Sp 4.
3. Add the vanilla bean paste and eggs and mix for 15 secs/ Sp 3. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
4. Add the flour & a pinch of salt and mix for 30 secs/ Sp 4 until well combined. Scrape and mix for a further 10 secs/ Sp 4.
5. Add the small chunks of peaches and using the spatula, mix gently till well combined.
6. Scoop the batter into the lined muffin pan and put 1/2 tsp of mixed berry jam on the top, using a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow it to cool for 10 mins in the muffin pan then cool completely on the cooling rack.
Non-thermomix Steps :
1. Preheat the oven to 1800C and line 12 jumbo muffin pans with paper case
2. Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electrical beater and beat till fluffy and pale.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat after every addition until incorporated.
4. Add the vanilla bean paste and fold in the flour (1/2 a cup at a time) and a pinch of salt.
5. Add in the peaches and mix well.
6. Spoon into the muffin cases, and top with 1/2 tsp of mixed berry jam, swirling with a toothpick.
7. Bake for 20-25mins or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 mins in the muffin pan then cool completely on the cooling rack.
Tip : You could use strawberries as well, dust the sliced strawberries with a bit more flour before stirring in. You could also make it sweeter by mixing the strawberry with icing sugar before combining it together with the flour mixture.
Remember to always cook and bake with love!