I have been wanting to bake these for the longest time. My dearest cousin, Gladys, blogged about these a while back and I promised her we would bake this together. I am SO GLAD we did! (: I had so much fun making it with her, and I tried my best to let her get involved, seeing how I am always very bossy in the kitchen haha. So I hope she enjoyed herself as much as I did!
So off we went to the supermarket to get Hershey’s Kisses! (: It’s like my favourite type of choc ever! I love the almonds ones, but something else attracted our eyes : CARAMEL! Who could resist caramel ? I definitely can’t. hehe
to be honest, I have always been hesistant about making cookies. Of course I have failed in making cupcakes or cakes before, but somehow, the failure in making cookies hit me more than the others did! So I left the cookie baking to my baby. hehe. But this time, I decided to suck it up and give it another shot! I love how it looks! It’s sooo pretty! (: Makes me smile just looking at the photos!
So here’s the recipe for these cookies my cousin found in a magazine, she can’t really remember. I changed it alittle so enjoy! (:
Ingredients : Makes 48 cookies (but we got 53!)
48 Hershey’s Kisses (any flavour you want, number changes according to how many cookies u yield)
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Nutella (original recipe calls for 3/4cup of Reese’s creamy peanut butter)
1/3 cup caster sugar (I omitted this)
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (If u use peanut butter, use 1/3 cup)
2 tablespoon milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
Caster sugar (extra)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 Degree Celcius.
2. Beat shortening and nutella in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup granulated & brown sugar , beat until fluffy.
3. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract. Beat well.
4. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and gradually beat into mixture.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch sized balls. Roll in sugar, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey’s kisses chocolate into the center.
Guess who wants some?
1) Depending on what you use, you might want to cut your sugar down. I completed omitted the caster sugar and reduced the brown sugar cause Nutella is sweet! (:
2) I baked mine for 8 mins and the softness of the outer layer of the cookie was soft enough to push the kisses in. 10 mins might be a little too hard.
3) I didn’t use ungreased cookie sheet, I just used the normal baking sheet, it tured out fine!
4) Don’t roll the dough to anything bigger than 1 inch, as it will flatten out a bit too much and it won’t look as pretty!
ps : No I didn’t give Drummer chocolate, yes I know it will kill her. I love her too much! (:
pss : thanks cousin for sharing the recipe and baking with me! love ya!
18 thoughts on “Hershey’s Kisses (Nutella) Blossoms”
Thanks! (: It’s actually quite delicious!
no chocolates for drummer! 😛
it looks like a glitter ball from here!
i’m going to try making some! 🙂
hehe (: yups! no choc for drummer or sky! hehe it’s really fun to make! hehe and YUMMY!
These look so delish 🙂 I’ve never thought of replacing the peanut butter with Nutella! yuMMy!
thanks dearie! (: hehe ya! it only hit me when I was at the supermarket with my cousin! it was goood! try it!
Oooh these look lovely! I haven’t seen the caramel filled ones before. I must keep an eye out for them! 😀
hehe (: aus doesn’t really have much variety of Hershey’s Kisses! Singapore has heaps though! SO i got SOOOO excited when I saw the caramel ones!
These look SO good! I could eat that batter just by the spoonfuls 😆
hehe (: are u a cookie dough eater as well?? hehe
Heh nope, I’m not. But I’ll be very happy to make these an exception! 😀
hahaha (: i didnt try. i only like raw cookie dough when it’s in the Ben and Jerry ice cream!
What a clever idea! Hershey Kisses are one of our biggest sellers so I’ll be sure to tell all my customers about this!
Thanks so much!!! (: Glad you liked the idea! Tempted by all ur chocolates you sell!!!
I just made these last night! Was looking at just simply substituting the peanut butter for nutella but I’m glad I came across this blog post before I started baking. It would have been really sweet if I used the same amount of sugar as the peanut butter recipe. They were really good! Thank you!
No worries! So glad my recipe helped! Hehe these are delicious aren’t they? Haven’t made them in a while! Hehe really pretty too!