Good afternoon dear readers! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter break and had lots of and hot cross buns! Cause I sure did! hehe (: Not too long back, the sis-in-law and I requested the mr to cook steak for us and he came up with his version of steak & chips! I’ve always considered myself blessed as I married a man who sure knows how to cook and the way to my heart is definitely through my tummy hehe
He was inspired by the MKR episode we watched as well as a recipe he came across in the Delicious (April 2013 issue) magazine to make polenta chips and they were SO ADDICTIVE! Crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside. We couldn’t stop eating it the moment it was out of the frying pan! hehe
So do give these a go! (: It’s shallowed fried so it’s not too sinful! You will absolutely love them as much as we did. hehe
Polenta Chips (by the Mr adapted from Delicious Magazine April 2013)
50g unsalted butter
100g finely grated parmesan
4 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
salt & pepper, to taste and garnish
1) Line a baking tray with grease-proof baking paper allowing 2cm to overhang. Boil 800ml of water in a small pot, then reduce the heat to low. Do note that the amount of water is different for different brands of polenta, so please do check how much water is needed for the amount of polenta.
2) Stir in the polenta in a slow, steady stream, then cook and stir continuously for 5 minutes or until it has thickened. Take it off the heat and stir in the butter, parmesan and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and spoon it into the tray and smooth the surface. Press it down and make sure the polenta is really compact. Allow it to chill for at least an hour.
3) Tip the polenta onto a board and cut it half lengthways, then cut it into 1 1/2 cm thick chips.
4) Heat some vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. In batches, fry the polenta chips, turning, until golden and crisp.
5) Drain on the paper towel and keep warm in an oven or serve it immediately with a sprinkle of salt.
On a separate note, how good does this look? The mr sure knows how to cook the perfect steak! AMAZING! hehe
Have a lovely day and a short week everyone! (: Remember to always cook and bake with love!