Had this dish at Barstop on my recent trip home.
and have been wanting to make it for quite some time
found the recipe online and I’m quite happy with how it turned out!
and since we were having potluck tonight.
I decided to try making it! (seriously daring haha)
and was really relieved to hear that Peggy likes Wasabi prawns! haha
so made a good switch from Pork Adobo to Wasabi Prawns tonight (:
well. the wasabi taste is kept to the minimal.
but u can always add more if u wan more kick to it
so enjoy! (:
hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
18 prawns, shelled & deveined (use the freshest, biggest prawns you can find.)
1 egg white
vegetable oil for deep frying
2 tbsp condensed milk (I didn’t put this)
2 tsp wasabi powder (can put more if you want more wasabi kick)
dash of lemon juice
sesame and seawood seasoning (for garnishing)
1. Dip the prawns in egg white, then coat evenly with cornflour.
2. Deep fry the prawns in 180C (356F) for about 3 minutes, until prawns turn crispy.
3. In a separate dish, combine the mayonnaise, condensed milk, wasabi powder and lemon juice.
4. Toss the deep-fried prawns with the wasabi mayo until evenly coated.
5. Garnish with sesame and seaweed seasoning.