Chocolate cupcake ingredients :
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 cups of caster sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups hot water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
1 tablespoon vanilla essence/extract
Regular or silver cupcake paper liners
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
In a large measuring cup, combine the oil, water, instant coffee and vanilla.Whisk it into the dry ingredients
until combined. Don’t worry if there are a few lumps.
2. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners and fill till 2/3 full.
Bake until wooden skewer comes out clean about 20-25mins.
Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
3. Remove center of the cupcake using the cone method.
Set cone aside, trim the excess tip off the cone.
Fill the cupcake with creme banana filling, replace cone.
Frost with peanut butter frosting!
Creme Banana filling ingredients :
3/4 caster sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
5 tablespoons butter
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
1. Combine sugar, flour and milk in a saucepan; cook, stirring until smooth.
Continue cooking until mixture thickens.
2. Transfer to mixing bowl and let it chill for about 10 mins.
3. Beat butter into chilled mixture, one tablespoon at a time. Fold in mashed bananas and vanilla.
Peanut butter frosting ingredients :
2/3 cup icing sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft at room temperature
3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup thickened cream
1. Place the icing sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in a mixing bowl.
Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a spatula as you work.
2. Add the cream and beat on high speed till smooth.