I’ve always wanted to bake something that Lochlan can enjoy for morning tea and I came across this recipe that was perfect. No sugar, and just the natural sweetness from the wholesome ingredients of the loaves!
I have to admit, I was a little nervous before giving the loaf to the little munchkin, cause I wasn’t sure if he would like it. But thankfully he quite enjoyed it and ate half go the loaf! (:
I was really happy with the texture of the loaves too! It was fluffy and light but still moist! Just the way a good loaf should be. Perfect with a cup of hot tea, or a cup of warm milk (for the bub!) Of course if you had extra time and some cream cheese sitting in your fridge, you could always whip some cream cheese frosting for yourself and indulge! hehe
So here’s the recipe for these deliciousness! Hope you and your kiddos would enjoy it as much as we did!
Sugarless Carrot Banana Mini Loaves (Closely adapted to Easy Toddler Meals)
1 large carrot, finely grated
2 large bananas (or 3 medium bananas), mashed
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1) Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celcius. Spray some coconut oil/ olive oil into the mini loaf tin, to make sure it’s well coated. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix the grated carrot, mashed banana, greek yogurt, coconut oil, egg and vanilla bean paste till well combined.
3) In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
4) Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir till well combined. Scoop the mixture into the prepared mini loaf tin and bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf.
5) Allow it to cool for 10 mins in the tin, then remove.
Enjoy it with your kiddos!
Remember to always cook and bake with love! xx