Banana bread has always been an obsession of mine. I love everything about them. I love baking them and I love searching for the perfect recipe so that I could share it with all of you. And I believe, I have!
To date, I’ve baked quite a few versions of the banana bread. One with brown butter, another with maple syrup & chocolate, one with sour cream & maple and one that is eggless & vegan! But this one, this one is my go to recipe when I want to have banana bread and I know that it will be delicious and also really easy to make! You don’t need a mixer for this, just two bowls and a hand whisk!
Not to mention it has pretty swirls of nutella in the middle and above! Banana & Nutella, a match-made in heaven! I mean, how can it not be good with the addition of nutella? Impossible! hehe Plus, it’s made with olive oil, so that makes it relatively healthy no? hehe Trust me, this bread is moist on the inside, and crumbly on the outside. Have it warm with a scoop of ice cream (I had it with peanut butter ice cream! YUMMO!) and you will definitely have a happy belly!
So if you’re a banana bread lover like me, I urge you to give this recipe a go! You will definitely not regret it! hehe
Nutella Swirled Olive Oil Banana Bread (Adapted from Whisk Affair)
2 cups of plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup + 1 tbs of olive oil
1/2 cup of greek yogurt
3 large bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
5 tbs nutella (or more if needed!)
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius and oil the mini loaf baking tray. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. In another bowl, whisk the mashed banana, eggs, olive oil, trek yogurt and vanilla paste until well combined.
3) Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Careful not to over mix or it will get too dry.
4) Pour the mixture into the mini loaf tins till its 1/3 filled. Using a teaspoon, put a teaspoon of nutella into each loaf and use a toothpick to create a swirl. Fill it with some more batter until the tin is 2/3 filled. Spread another heap teaspoon of nutella on the top and use the toothpick to create the swirls once again.
5) Bake for 20 mins, rotating the tray 12 mins into the baking time, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the loaf tin for 5 mins before removing and allow it to cool on a wire rack. Or have it warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Hope you all had a great weekend! Have a fantastic week ahead and there will be more posts up soon, I promise! Till the next post, remember to always cook and bake with love! xx
5 thoughts on “Nutella Swirled Olive Oil Banana Bread”
Banana bread is one of the best obsessions. Adding Nutella makes it even more delicious 🙂
hehe most definitely! SO SO GOOD!
Love banana bread too! YUM
It’s my absolute fav!