Ever since I started being more active in the blogging world, I’ve been really blessed with meeting new friends! Recently, I was invited to attend Peach-water’s birthday dinner but cause I was down with really bad hayfever, I told her that we’ll rearrange dinner and I would make her something special. (: I couldn’t think of anything better but some strawberry jelly hearts!
If you feel that these pretty cakes look familiar, I did make them ages ago and did a post on it. But I went back to look at it and the photos were so small! So here I am, re-doing the post and sharing the recipe again. It’s really interesting to see the difference a few years on! (:
I have to say, these are not difficult to make, just time consuming as you have to make sure each layer is set properly before starting on the next! The most important layer is the jelly layer, as you have to allow the jelly mixture to cool before pouring onto the cream cheese layer, to get a clear jelly layer! (: Patience, is the key when making this!
I used to only use vanilla essence when making the cream cheese filling, but I decided to use vanilla bean paste this time round. There is just something magical when you see the little black dots! And the flavour it gives the cream cheese is not comparable to just using the essence. If you do have vanilla beans, please give it a try!
These little rectangular cheesecakes with a heart in the middle make beautiful gifts for your loved ones and your friends. So the next time you are thinking of what to get for them, why not give these a try? Nothing can compared to things made with love!
320g digestive biscuits
160g melted unsalted butter
Cheese Filling :
250g cream cheese
2 1/4 tsp gelatine powder
70g caster sugar
150ml hot water
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
8 medium sized strawberries
Jelly Topping :
2 packets of strawberry flavoured jello (170g)
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 1/2 cups room temp water
1) For the base : Place the biscuits in a ziplock bag, and crush them till they are fine, making sure there are no big chunks. Pour them into a large bowl, and mix in the melted butter.
2) Pour them into the base of a 9×9 square baking tray. Press onto the base and make sure it’s really compressed and make it as flat as you can. Prick the base with a fork and chill for at least 15 minutes.
3) For the cheese filling : Cut the strawberries into half. Using a small heart shape cutter, cut hearts out of the strawberry halves and place them on a plate lined with paper towel.
4) Place gelatine and sugar in a bowl. Pour the boiling water over and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
5) In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and vanilla bean paste together and slowly add the gelatine syrup gradually until smooth. Pour it over the base. Place it in the fridge for 10 minutes then place the strawberry hearts, partially submerged in the cheese filling. Place it back into the fridge and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6) For the jelly topping : Dissolve the jello in hot water and stir well. Add the room temperature water and allow it to cool completely before pouring over the cheese filling. (Use a ladle and slowly pour the mixture over the strawberries instead of the cheese to keep the jello clear!)
7) Chill it in the fridge for another 2 hours or overnight for the best results.
Enjoy! (: And Happy Hatchday once again my dearest friend!
*Note : When slicing, make sure you clean the knife after every cut. It might seem difficult to get them out without it being messy, but start with the corner and use a spetula to help you. Once you have the first piece out, the rest would be a breeze!
Remember to always cook and bake with love!
20 thoughts on “Jelly Hearts”
YAY 🙂 You posted this recipe so quickly! I’m definitely going to have to borrow this idea to making hearts out of strawberries!!! That’s very clever and oh so pretty!!! Super love them 🙂
I’m super lucky to have the chance to try one of these 🙂 You’re a super good friend to make this for Peach Water ~
hehe (: You’re most welcome! hehe It’s definitely something you can make and you will love! hehe The strawberry hearts just makes it super pretty right? hehe Love how it looks! hehe Well I had to give you some cause you bought me macarons! hehe Hope you like them! xx
Noooo don’t say that! And really i should be the one giving you cake because you have been so amazing lending me the machine and letting me hog the book for too long!
I really loved that book so much i went and bought my own copy AND gonna get their other Cake Days book as well hehe xox
hehe don’t be silly! Caring is sharing! (: You’re welcome to borrow any book of mine anytime! hehe x
❤ ❤ ❤ thank you my beloved twin star sis. I have to say…. its sooooooo delicious! Thank you for taking the time for making something special like this! xx
hehe you’re most welcome ! (: So glad u liked it! hehe Wanted to make something pink-ish cause I know u like pink! but it’s more red than pink. haha Yay! xx
Hahaha – Red is just as good – I have a red wallet and red longhchamp bag – I call it the grown up Peach look HAhhahaa~~
haha wooot! haha then I definitely chose the right thing to make for u! hehe x
hehe thanks love! (: x
yay so glad you posted this recipe since seeing your absolutely delicious photos on your instagram!! thanks heaps can’t wait to try this yummy recipe! 🙂
hehe you’re most welcome babe! (: So glad you like the recipe! Hope you try it soon and let me know how it goes! xx
Thanks for sharing the recipe! Definitely going to try make this!
hehe you’re welcome babe! (: hehe Make them and let me know what you think! x
awww they’re so cute! 😀 the strawberry hearts’ a great idea! Can’t wait to try this out!
hehe thanks dearie! (: hehe Just love how pretty they turn out to look! hehe Wanna try with other fruits soon! x
They’re so lovely! What a deliciously cute idea!
thanks dearie! (: hehe definitely one that I will be using quite often now! hehe x
That is so cute! I love it 🙂
hehe thanks babe! (: they are yummy too! x