I watched Masterchef and they made a chocolate and jaffa souffle
Not a big fan of jaffa.
I left it out.
so it’s just chocolate Souffle. for the second night in a row! haha
because I never had my souffle rise perfectly on the sides.
I was hoping this one would be it.
and IT WAS IT! hehe
it rose. perfectly.
i was super happy! hehe
and it was still nice and gooey in the center.
the way baby likes it. hehe
poke it in the middle and add a scoop of ice cream
match-made in heaven hehe
guess who’s the happiest girl on Earth?
awesome. and super easy as well! hehe
120g of 70% dark chocolate
4 eggs, seperated
50g sugar, and extra to coat the ramekins
butter to coat the ramekins
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees celcious.
2. Boil a pot of water and put a heat proof bowl over to melt the chocolate.
Make sure you don’t get any water in the chocolate, or it will be ruined.
Butter the ramekins with a brush and with upward strokes on the sides.
Coat the buttered ramekins with caster sugar.
3. Cool the melted chocolate and beat in the egg yolks.
IN another bowl, beat the egg whites with a bit of the sugar to get the meringue started.
Slowly add the rest of the sugar till you get stiff peaks.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue mixture into the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
Then slowly stir in the rest of the meringue mixture gently.
5. Scoop the mixture into the ramekins slowly and carefully, not to get any on the sides.
Then bake it in the over for 10 mins.
6. Sift icing sugar over the top immediately after you’ve taken it out of the oven
and put a scoop of ice cream in the middle of the souffle.
Chocolate Souffle. DONE!
Bon Appetit everyone (: