I have been wanting to bake these for the longest time. My dearest cousin, Gladys, blogged about these a while back and I promised her we would bake this together. I am SO GLAD we did! (: I had so much fun making it with her, and I tried my best to let her get involved, seeing how I am always very bossy in the kitchen haha. So I hope she enjoyed herself as much as I did!
So off we went to the supermarket to get Hershey’s Kisses! (: It’s like my favourite type of choc ever! I love the almonds ones, but something else attracted our eyes : CARAMEL! Who could resist caramel ? I definitely can’t. hehe
to be honest, I have always been hesistant about making cookies. Of course I have failed in making cupcakes or cakes before, but somehow, the failure in making cookies hit me more than the others did! So I left the cookie baking to my baby. hehe. But this time, I decided to suck it up and give it another shot! I love how it looks! It’s sooo pretty! (: Makes me smile just looking at the photos!
So here’s the recipe for these cookies my cousin found in a magazine, she can’t really remember. I changed it alittle so enjoy! (:
Ingredients : Makes 48 cookies (but we got 53!)
48 Hershey’s Kisses (any flavour you want, number changes according to how many cookies u yield)
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Nutella (original recipe calls for 3/4cup of Reese’s creamy peanut butter)
1/3 cup caster sugar (I omitted this)
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (If u use peanut butter, use 1/3 cup)
2 tablespoon milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
Caster sugar (extra)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 Degree Celcius.
2. Beat shortening and nutella in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup granulated & brown sugar , beat until fluffy.
3. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract. Beat well.
4. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and gradually beat into mixture.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch sized balls. Roll in sugar, and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-10minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Hershey’s kisses chocolate into the center.
Guess who wants some?
1) Depending on what you use, you might want to cut your sugar down. I completed omitted the caster sugar and reduced the brown sugar cause Nutella is sweet! (:
2) I baked mine for 8 mins and the softness of the outer layer of the cookie was soft enough to push the kisses in. 10 mins might be a little too hard.
3) I didn’t use ungreased cookie sheet, I just used the normal baking sheet, it tured out fine!
4) Don’t roll the dough to anything bigger than 1 inch, as it will flatten out a bit too much and it won’t look as pretty!
ps : No I didn’t give Drummer chocolate, yes I know it will kill her. I love her too much! (:
pss : thanks cousin for sharing the recipe and baking with me! love ya!