What is your favourite snack when you were little?
I had many : sweets, chocolates, cookies, ice cream, jellies, chocolate, sweets, cookies. haha
but one of my favourites and also one that I still love now (but keeping it in control) is the oreo cookie! (:
so how do you eat your oreo?
1) Twist it gently, lick off the cream and enjoy the chocolate cookie after
2) Dip into cold milk and allow it to soften 9doesnt take long!) and put it in your mouth, allowing it to dissolve slowly.
3) Just throw it in whole!
Well. I’m a number two! haha my favourite is dipping it in cold milk. Absolutely divine. hehe
the only way I will have my oreo whole. haha (: love it!
but I decided to do something else with the oreo cookie today
Decided to use it to make cupcakes!
I searched and searched and chance upon this blog that had the most yummy looking cupcake so I decided to use her recipe. Thanks Lucy!
just so happen I broke it and left the whole word there! (: love it!
I had alot of fun crushing the oreos. it was kinda therapeutic! hehe and I used more than what the recipe asked for. Just cause. (:
so here’s the recipe!
Cookies and Cream Cupcake (Adapted from Lucy)
2 stick + 2 tbsp (255g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract (I used 2 tsp vanilla paste)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
1 stick + 6 tbsp (198g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
Crushed Oreo cookies (I used 8 cookies and divided between frosting and topping)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced). Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
2. Cream butter, vanilla, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Don’t worry if the eggs start to separate out from the butter after it sits for a few minutes, just stir it back together.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together, and mix into creamed mixture alternating with milk (ie. 1/3 flour, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour, 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour). Add crushed oreos.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake liners until about 2/3 full. Bake for 12 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched (they will be a bit browned on top). Transfer to wire rack to cool.
8. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Beat together the butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
9. Add the vanilla and milk, and beat for 1 minute more. Finally, fold in the oreo crumbs, saving a handful to sprinkle on top of the cupcakes. The more you stir the oreo crumbs into the frosting, the darker it will get, so don’t stir too much if you’d like your frosting to be more white.
9. When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them with the buttercream frosting, and sprinkle the tops with any leftover oreo crumbs. Serve the same day, or refrigerate to store.
loved how it turned out (:
i made both small and big ones! hehe
the icing looked like a christmas tree! (:
I had to try it when the icing was finished. and I liked how moist and yummy it was!
Just enough oreo taste. Perfect!
loving every single bite! Hope you do too after you’ve tried it! (: Enjoy!
so how do you eat your oreo cookie?