since baby and I were both home for lunch today
and we wanted something quick and simple
cos I had assignments to do
and baby had an online lesson plus studying for his mid sem test.
so i decided to wipe up a simple dish!
Olive Rice with Cashews and a side of Fried Egg with Prawns
I brought a few bottles of preserved olive vegetable
cause I wasn’t sure if you could get it from the Asian Supermarkets here.
they should! so just try looking for it. (:
There was a request from my nut that I put up easy chinese food recipes.
and I thought it wouldn’t be that bad an idea.
though some ingredients are added not using any measurements.
but in chinese cooking.
you add the sauce according to the taste u prefer!
so hey! (:
it’s free-lance cooking
if you would like to call it that. haha
so here is the recipe! ENJOY!
Olive Rice with Cashews
1 cup of rice (brown or jasmine)
200g pork mince
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 tablespoon of preserved oilve vegetables (the bottle above)
a handful of cashews, lightly roasted
Fried egg with Prawns
6 medium to large prawns, peeled and devein and cut into small pieces
1 tsp sesame oil.
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1. Marinate the mince pork with oyster sauce, light soy sauce, pepper, chinese cooking wine and sesame oil.
Cook a cup of rice (according to instructions)
2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the garlic till it is about to turn golden.
Fry the marinated mince till it’s brown.
Add the preserved olive vegetables and stir-fry till it coats the mince relatively well.
Add the dark soy sauce and fry till it is almost dry.
3. When the rice is almost done,
pour the olive and meat mixture into the rice pot.
Give it a good stir and cover the lid, allowing the rice to cook further.
4. In another frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the prawn till cooked (3-4 mins).
Add the fish sauce and fry a little longer.
5. Crack the 3 eggs into a bowl and add the light soy sauce and sesame oil.
Beat well and make sure everything is incorporated.
6. Add the egg and allow it to fry on one side like an omelette till the underside is brown.
Turn it and using a spetula, break the egg up into small pieces.
Fry for another 5 mins on medium heat.
Set to one side.
7. Serve the olive rice with roasted cashews and the fried egg. DONE! (: