was really quite excited to try this recipe
cause it’s fro the famous Sprinkles
and they went on a program and baked their famous Strawberry Cupcakes.
it wasn’t too complicated
but using a handheld mixer wasn’t easy haha.
wish i had a proper mixer.
i miss my kenwood. (:
anyways. this is how it went!
out of the oven
a nice pinkish tinge
cause of the strawberry puree hehe
hehe baby caught a few shots of me putting the icing on the cupcake
haha that’s Cheok’s hand! haha
after icing them. hehe
too bad I didn’t have anything nice to put on it
to make it look prettier.
well. i tried though. haha
i put rainbow rice on them. hehe
just a little.
just to add colour hehe (:
all 12 of the cupcakes! (:
im a happy girl.
(makes 1 dozen cupcakes)
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4tsp kosher salt
4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup pureed strawberries
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, set it aside.
2. Add vanilla and strawberry to milk and set it aside.
3. In a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Slowly add egg and egg whites until blended.
4. Add half of the mixture and when blended well,
add the milk mixture then add the rest of the flour.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl
and make sure entire mixture is smooth.
5. Divide the batter between 12 cupcake cups
and bake for about 20 mins or until the tops are dry to the touch.
(for icing, 12 cupcakes)
2 sticks unsalted butter, firm but not cold
1/8 kosher salt
3 1/2 cups of icing sugar, sifted
1/2 tso vanilla essence
2 tbsp pureed strawberries
1. Beat butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Reduce speed and gradually add the icing sugar until incorporated.
2. Add vanilla and strawberry puree and mix until blended.
Do not overmix, or the frosting will incorporate too much air.
The consistency should be dense and creamy