Mummy told me there were leftover durians in the fridge
which she already took the flesh out.
so I decided to make durian puffs! hehe
for the first time!
and it was a HUGE success! hehe
everyone loved it.
which made me happy. cos I dun eat durian
and I wouldn’t know how it tasted. haha
took a huge risk! (: but was a good one to take. hehe
how yummy do they look? hehe
i was super happy! hehe
everyone had a lot of creamed durian in it. haha
my grandma loved it! hehe
and cheok came over that night.
and he had to try some as well haha
hopefully that expression meant he liked it. haha.
(I doubled this recipe)
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
50g bread flour
20g cake flour
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
200 or 250 ml of non-diary whipping cream
equivalent amount of durian pulps
10 gm of gelatine powder
3 tbsp of hot water to dissolve gelatine powder
1. Cook water, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan till bubbling hot. Turn the heat to low.
2. Add in the flour mixture in one go and mix with a wooden spoon till a dough is formed.
3. Still on low heat, cook the dough for 1 – 2 minutes till a thin white film is formed at the bottom of the saucepan.
4. Transfer dough to a mixing bowl and beat till it is lukewarm.
5. Add in egg by thirds and mix till well blended and smooth.
6. Place batter into piping bag and pipe it onto a lined pan in rounds of about 5cm in diameter.
Spray some water on it.
7. Bake at 200C for 25 minutes then 180C for 8 – 10 minutes or till dry and golden brown in color.
Turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. For the durian filling, whip up whipping cream to a soft peak.
Add in durian pulps and melted gelatine powder and mix well.
Put fillings in a piping bag and pipe it out into the baked choux pastry.
If you like, you can just spoon the fillings into the pastry too.
Dust the top of the pastry with some snow powder and leave it in fridge to chill before serving.
I’m a happy girl!
Super good to be home. hehe