Sorry that it’s been a long while since I’ve blogged.
the internet is giving us a little bit of problems
so i cant upload anything
including blog posts! (:
not that im on a road trip with my parents.
I can! haha (:
I made this really long ago
and I came across this recipe from Noob Cook
and thought that it looked quite yummy!
decided to gie it a try
since portobello mushrooms are quite cheap at Costco! haha
Baby really loved it. hehe
it was, dare I say, really tasty (:
you should give it a go! hehe
3/4 large white/yellow onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tbsp plain flour
850ml vegetable/chicken/mushroom stock
350g portobello mushrooms, chopped to large chunks
300g fresh button mushroom, chopped into chunks
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped finely (I left this out)
100ml white wine
100ml double cream/thickened cream (see cooking note 2)
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
3. Add the mushrooms and bring to the boil.
Don’t worry if it seems like a lot of mushrooms, they will shrink considerably when they are cooked.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
Stir in the sage.
5. Remove a couple of ladlefuls of the mushrooms,
chop them to small pieces and set aside.
6. Process the remaining soup in a food processor or blender until smooth.
7. Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the wine & cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
oops. forgot to clean up the bowls. haha
we had the soup with cheesy garlic bread.
it was SO good! (:
there will be more posts coming hopefully!
hope the internet will be up soon!