Nothing beats the smell of freshly baked cookies. NOTHING. When the mr kindly requested for me to make these salted chunky chocolate cookies, I couldn’t say no. haha
The first time I made these were for the Biggest Morning Tea last year and everyone loved it! So I decided to try making it with Spencer (my Thermomix) today, and it was so easy and quick!
These are like chocolate chip cookies, but BETTER! Imagine biting into big chunks of semi melted chocolate chunks and each bite had a hit of salt! There’s just something about sweets with a touch of savoury that I love.
So if you are like me and love a little savoury in your sweets, definitely give this cookie a god! It’s crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle. SO ADDICTIVE! Can’t stop at one!
Salted Chunky Chocolate Cookie (adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
Makes 20-24 cookies
113g unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
180g packed light brown sugar
25g raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
22og plain flour
220g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
Fluer de Sel, to finish (or flaky sea salt)
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
2) Place butter, light brown sugar, raw sugar, egg and vanilla bean paste into the bowl and mix 2 mins/sp 3.
3) Add plain flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt and mix for 40 secs/sp 4.
4) Add dark chocolate chunks and stir for 30 secs/ sp 2.
5) Form dough by scooping 1 heap tablespoon and rolling the dough into a ball. Place them on the baking tray with 3cm space between each of them. Sprinkle some fluer de sel or flaky sea salt on top of the dough.
6) Place them in the oven for 10 mins, until golden on the outside but still very gooey and soft inside. Out of the oven, let the cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring a cooling rack.
Enjoy and try to stop at one, I dare ya! hehe
Remember to always cook and bake with love! xx