Happy Lunar New Year everyone! (: Sorry I know I’m very late and I have gone missing in a long long time. Heading home always does this to the poor blog of mine. But I’m back! and it’s always good to be back (:
so what was your favourite cny goodie out of all that you tried? Mine’s no doubt pineapple tarts. I don’t only love to eat them, I love to make them!
I actually love making them so much that I am considering selling them next year! Will you support me?
If you’re not a fan of pastry, how about a pineapple tart inspired cupcake?
I have awesome friends who constantly give me ideas on the different flavour combinations I should try on a cupcake and no doubt, this was one of them. I originally wanted to bake the tart base to crumble it and put it on the top, but I was too lazy. So i topped it with digestive biscuits instead!
It’s really not so difficult to make, and I can even say it’s not as sinful as a pineapple tart. Only cause, you probably can eat 3-4 tarts at one go (guilty!) but after eating one cupcake, you would be happy enough to stop (or maybe you will have just ONE more haha).
so here’s the recipe! Hope you all will enjoy!
Pineapple Tart Inspired Cupcakes
125g unsalted butter, softened
250g cream cheese
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted, plus extra to dust
300g pineapples, chopped (I used the tin ones, squeeze the pineapple dry before using them)
1. Preheat the oven to 1800C and line 12 mini cupcake pan with paper case
2. Place the butter, cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined.
4. Add the vanilla and fold in the flour and a pinch of salt.
5. Dust the chopped pineapple with a little extra flour then stir through the mixture.
6. Spoon into the cupcake cases and bake for 12-15mins or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allowed to cool.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
2 cups (8 ounces) powdered sugar, sifted (more if needed)
10 ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cut into small pieces
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbs reduced pineapple syrup
Digestive biscuit, crumbled finely
1. Sift powdered sugar and matcha together into a small bowl.
2. In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter, powdered sugar mixture, and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Add the cream cheese, a chunk at a time, beating after each addition (just enough to work it in). Add the reduced pineapple syrup (make sure it has cooled to room temperature) until well combined.
3. Pipe it on the cupcake how you like it. Sprinkle some digestive biscuit crumbles and top with a chocolate bead.
So do you think I should sell my tarts? haha Will you support me?
Everybody HUAT AH! (: Still not too late! hehe